Live ID Problem with the PRM

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with a Portal setup that seems to have happened this summer.

We have a Partner Portal running on 

partner.customer.com

There we have the standard setup working with a live ID and so on.

In May when we set this up everything worked just fine and now when we are trying to push this to our customer the Live ID does not work.

The users we created when setting everything up work fine and have full access as we set them up in the portal.

New users however are not able to sign up.

This is how it works.

1. Workflow runs when you generate and save the Invitation key.
  2. Email is sent to the contact with the link http://partner.customer.com/login?InvitationCode=R0ARA18R7B8R46CR8DREDFE8089F8B17
  3. The customer clicks the link, gets prompted to sign up
  4. Customer signs up with his Live ID
  5. Customer gets forwarded to the front page of the http://partner.customer.com without being logged in

The current existing users from May are able to log in without any problems.

Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong here?

The Redirect url in the live.azure.com site is partner.customer.com/liveid.adx and as I said, it works for existing users it just doesnt do what it should be doing for new users.

Hopefully this explains my problem and I would love to get some help from you guys.

Sep 23, 2011 at 12:33 AM

It sounds like it should work, but if you notice your link in point 2, you will see that the invitation code is outside of the actual link (and therefore the user will not be sending the appropriate invitation code).  CRM worflow designer like to automatically highlight a link prematurely for you.  The workaround is to hit the backspace to remove the link, then when you cursor-off of the link, it will highlight it again - simply hit CTRL-Z at that time time invoke an 'undo' operation which will undo the highlight.  You should be good from there.

Sep 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Actually that is a mistake I made copy pasting the link to this discussion.

When press Sign in I get the following URL at the live login site

https://login.live.com/wlogin.srf?appid=00000000000000000&alg=wsignin1.0&appctx=loginpath%2flogin%3fInvitationCode%3dR0ARA18R7B8R46CR8DREDFE8089F8B17$registrationpath&lc=1033

So the invitation code is actually making itself to the live login service...

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:15 PM

The appid is 00000000000000000 in your link - that indicates you have a problem in your web.config file.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I actually edited the appid for privacy issues :)

I also edited the Invitation code itself :)

I get the correct appid and the correct invitation code in the signin

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:09 PM

When you change all the important parts and make them as an error, it makes it hard to help troubleshoot the issue for you.

Live ID works in that portal, there are hundreds of people that have it working.  It comes down to having all of the Live ID app settings proper in the Live ID portal, your web.config, and in CRM for the invitation model.

To help troubleshoot this, I will need all of your settings in the Live ID portal, your web.config (you can obfiscate your CRM connection string, but do not change your Live ID string), and a screenshot of the web authentication tab on the contact, and the url of the site.  Please send this to me privately in codeplex.