How can I use crmsvcutil.exe to generate a new Xrm.cs and have it function correctly with PRM?

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Hello,

I was able to setup and install the PRM accelerator but now I want to extend it to some other entities in our CRM (4.0).  I was able to open and compile the Solution that comes with PRM but I would like to pull in all the entities we have created.  When I use crmsvcutil.exe to generate the XRM.CS file I start seeing a lot of mismatches from what PRM is expecting, some entities are missing, some are capitalized differently, some have different names.  Is there some step/option I'm missing or am I using the wrong version of crmsvcutil.exe?

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Yes, you need to use particular parameters when you use CrmSvcUtil to avoid introducing breaking changes to the portal code.  Use the following (substituting in your own values where appropriate in the connection string):

CrmSvcUtil.exe /connectionString:"Authentication Type=Integrated; Server=http://crmserver/OrgName;" /namespace:Xrm /dataContextPrefix:Xrm /hideTags /out:Xrm.cs /useLogicalNames

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for the quick response Shan, that worked perfectly!!