Membership Management issue

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM
Edited Jun 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Hi,

I've trying to setup membership among contacts to see accounts and opportunities, but after I setup account, contact, opportunity and channel access, I always get a "You don't have sufficient permissions to view this page" or "You cannot view this page because your account is not associated with a partner account. Please contact your system administrator to correct this error."

I've done step by step as PRM Administration Guide says. Am I missing something?

Did someone has this issue at setup?

Regards.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Does the contact record that you are authenticating with have a primary account set? This is critical to the proper operation of the portal. The account you are associated with also has to be a partner account. Shan
Jun 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Sure, even when I click "Manage Account", I can see and edit Partner and Contact Info, but still without privileges to see opportunities, contacts and accounts.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:45 PM

It really does sound to me as if the account that is associated with your contact record does not have the correct "Relationship Type".  In order for my contact record to have ability to interact with the PRM Portal as a partner, my contact "Christine Fischer" needs to be associated with the Adxstudio account which has a Relationship Type set to "Partner".  If it is set to anything but you will run into problems.  Please let me know if this solves your problem.  If not, please provide more details as to what has been configured in the CRM with respect to the account, contact and it's access permissions.

Thanks,
Christine Fischer

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:44 AM
Thanks Christine! That's what I've missing: put the relationship type to partner in the account form. I can see now contacts and accounts, only missing opportunities and opportunities pool. Regards.
Jun 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM

I'm happy to hear that one of your issues as been resolved.  I have written an article on the Adxstudio Community site on how Opportunities work: http://community.adxstudio.com/Default.aspx?DN=fa5c3c89-11ba-4333-abfd-540e440de426.  I hope that helps you set up access to your opportunities though the web protal.  If you are still stuck after reading this article, please post some details as to what you currently have set up and what error messages you are running into and I will do my best to assist you.

Christine Fischer